Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
Buying a Sump Pump
Perhaps the most common place to find water damage is in the basement. Due water collecting at the base of the home and damage due to aging homes, water often finds it’s way into the basement and can cause major damage. For this reason many people choose to buy sump pumps in the event of water intrusion. However, it is best to have a sump pump installed within your home before flooding occurs. Sump pumps are not an item commonly bought so it is important to keep a few things in mind when looking to purchase a sump pump.
- Automatic vs. Manual- When deciding to buy an automatic or a manual sump pump you should consider the amount of moisture in your area. If you live in an area that is dry and warm, then often times a manual sump pump will work just fine. Manual sump pumps are also less expensive, however in the long run automatic sump pumps are recommended for homes that get moderate to heavy rainfall.
- Extra Features- Certain sump pumps have features that come in very handy in preventing flood damage to your home. Certain sump pumps have alarms systems that will notify you when there are high water levels. This comes in very handy because water intrusion often goes unnoticed until it is too late. Another feature that can be very useful in water damage prevention is a backup system that will kick on in case anything goes wrong.
- Head Pressure- Head pressure is important to take into consideration because it determines the height that the sump pump can raise the water to remove it from your home. Before buying a sump pump it is important to measure how high the water will need to be lifted.
- Horsepower- Sump pumps can come in a range of horsepower, but the most common are one-quarter to one-third horsepower. Depending on how much you think you will need to use the sump pump should determine how much horsepower you will need in the machine. If you don’t anticipate using the machine that much then a lower horsepower will work fine.
Overall, there are many different options to select when buying a sump pump for your home. Before going to buy a sump pump it is important to think about your home and know the best features to include to keep your house dry. If you are unsure of what type of sump pump you should buy contact a water restoration company to analyze your basement and help determine the best machine for your home.