Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
Differences Between Flood Watches and Warnings
Floods can happen in an instant with little or no warning to people. While forecasters do there best to prepare people in flood areas, that a flood may occur they are not always accurate or precise. However, to their credit they do have a system to place that allows people in areas with high flood risks to to know if they or there property is at risk for a flood.
If you live in an area that is prone to flooding you owe it to yourself to become familiar with the warning systems that the National Weather Service has in place.
The following warnings and watches apply to people in all areas across the USA:
- Flood Watch – Flooding is a possibility over the 12 to 48 hours
- Flash Flood Warning – Flooding is very imminent. and action needs to be taken to protect ones family and own life
- Flood Warning – Flooding is expected to develop over a large area that can cause damage and life threatening situations.
It is a good idea to become familiar with these warning labels as you will be better prepared when a flood disaster might occur. While these warnings are helpful in flooding situations it is also important to use common sense and take a look at the local weather stations to understand what is at risk during a storm. Also if you own any type of property you should become familiar with where it is located and wither or not it is at risk for flooding. If so also have a plan ready in case a flood does occur in you area.
It is always a good idea to have a water damage and flood expert on standby in case your home does flood. If you eexperience flood or water damage, we’re here to help. Call Restoration Local 24/7 at 1-888-443-3110 for a free estimate!