Fire Damage: Prevention 101
All too often fire damage can be prevented. The top 5 fire prevention steps are listed below.
- Don’t leave candles unattended
- Don’ts smoke in bed
- Be sure to turn off your stove/oven
- Keep heaters at least 3 feet from curtains and other flammable materials such as clothing.
When using a fire extinguisher, remember the acronym P.A.S.S.
- Pull (the safety pin)
- Aim (at the base of the fire)
- Squeeze (the trigger)
- Sweep (the base of the fire)
Of course, if a fire gets out of control, get out of your house immediately and call 911.
If you have fire or smoke damage, call Restoration Local 24/7 at 1-888-443-3110 for a free estimate.