Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
Hurricane Season 2011 Starts Today
Today marks the beginning of the 2011 Hurricane Season which will last until November 30th and month nature is not taking a break this year.
The National Weather Service expects about 12 to 18 total storms with 3 to 6 of them being major hurricanes. The main reason for such a high prediction is the fact that surface temperatures in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean are warmer than normal this year. This creates an environment that is likely to create Hurricanes and Tropical storms.
While you should always have a hurricane plan if you live in area that is subject to hurricanes there are a few simple things you can do to prevent damage to your house and property. Other than living in a state that does not lie on the coast, here are a few things to check:
- Check that your roof is sturdy
- Check your foundation for cracks
- See if you are insured for water damage and flooded basements
- If not make sure that you have enough money to cover any damages that may occur
While many people think that the biggest destruction from Hurricanes is structural damage, many times most of the damage comes for flooding and water damage. The problem comes from the fact that while structural damage can ruin lives and property, water damage is something that can easily be fixed – if you know what to do.
Remember, you home can be saved from flooding however timing is everything. Be sure to have a water damage professional on standby so that your property does not get damaged.
If you have water damage, call Restoration Local 24/7 at 1-888-443-3110 for a free estimate!