Water damage can be very costly. One of the costliest areas of water damage is the roof of your home. Water damage to the roof of your home poses a threat to the safety of you and your family. A weak roof can collapse with very little prompting from outside forces. Homes with roofs that are damaged by water are likely hiding more damage within. If you suspect water damage has made your roof susceptible to collapse, contact a water damage restoration company to make the necessary repairs.
Signs your roof is damaged include the following:
- Water damage on your ceilings. Water damaged ceilings mean water is coming in from above.
- Roof is sagging or bowed. A roof that sags is a sign of severe damage that requires repair asap. It’s just a matter of time before a sagging roof collapses.
- Missing or worn shingles. The shingles are the first layer of protection on your roof. If they are worn or missing, they should be replaced. This is usually a relatively inexpensive procedure.
- Just like your walls and floors, discoloration on your roof indicates some kind of damage.
- Mold growth near ceilings or in the attic. Mold growth near the roof may also be an indication your roof is damaged. Mold growth can cause severe structural damage to your home and should be investigated immediately.
Contact our water damage restoration company 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with your water damage needs. Our water damage cleanup and restoration technicians use the latest technology to handle all water damage business from start to finish. Our goal is to bring your home back to its pre-loss condition quickly at as little cost as possible to you. Contact us today for a free estimate!