Water Damage, Water Damage Restoration

Salvaging Or Replacing Important Papers And Documents

In the event of a water damage problem or flooding event, the damage or destruction of valuable papers can be an even bigger headache than the property damage that is inflicted on your home or business. These documents may include everything from insurance papers, Social Security cards, drivers licenses, wills, and credit cards. If these have been destroyed due to damage in your home, here are some of the avenues that may be pursued in order to secure replacement.s

Birth and death certificates can be obtained through your county’ vital records office or through online government resources. Marriage certificates and judgments of divorce can be obtained online at http://go.usa.gov.

For adoption records, most communities will have these on file in the District Court Office. Drivers licenses may be obtained through your local department of driver services, while vehicle registrations, tags, and titles may be acquired through the local motor vehicle office. Immigration papers may be had through uscis.gov.

For replacement of passports, it is necessary to complete form DS-64 from http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_848.html.

If you require military records, visit the Office of Veterans Administration, American Legion, VFW, the Red Cross, or go online at http://tinyurl.com/lnu2pmt.

Mortgage papers can be gathered through your lending institution, with property deeds available through the county recorders court. Social Security cards and information may be gotten through the local Social Security office, or you can view online at www.ssa.gov.

Tax returns may be garnered through the Treasury Department Office, IRS Office, or by calling 800-829-3646 and requesting form 4506.

Savings bonds and notes can be found by completing form PDF 1048 which is available by visiting the treasury website at www.treasurydirect.gov.   Destroyed or lost credit cards may be replaced by calling the appropriate company. American Express, 800-528-4800; Discover, 800-347-2683; MasterCard, 800-622-7747; Visa, 800-847-2911