Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
Broken showerheads are silent killers in the water damage world. They’re technically not killing anyone that I’m aware of, but they do cause a lot of water damage – mostly because people don’t notice they’re broken or don’t realize the minor leak it has or one awkward little sprayer thing is hitting outside of the shower and on to the dry wall or floor. This kind of damage usually does not require major water restoration services, but if let go it potentially could. When water leaks repeatedly on to a surface where it’s not meant to be, water damage ensues. And, not just water damage, but mold damage as well. (So, maybe it technically can kill you if you’ve got health issues that are mold related…I digress.)
Without further ado, here are some easy steps to replace your showerhead:
Replacing your shower head:
- Using a wrench, remove the old showerhead. Remember, lefty loosey, right tighty. I’ve done this before so we know it’s an easy task!
- Check out the threaded piece that the showerhead was connected to. If it looks icky, wipe it down.
- Screw on the new showerhead and tighten with your wrench.
That’s it. Seriously, that’s the extent of changing out a showerhead. And, as a bonus, they’re relatively cheap!
If you notice your showerhead is leaking or broken, spend a few dollars and a few minutes to fix it. It’s well worth the time and money to avoid any major issues.
If you’ve already experienced water damage from your showerhead or suspect there may be damage you can’t see from a broken showerhead, we’re here to help 24/7!