Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
Unusual Water Damage
Water damage can come from a number of sources inside and outside of the home. Some of the most commonly known forms of water intrusion comes from a flood, burst pipes, or a leaky roof, however there is an array of other sources of water damage that are less known. It is important to be aware of all the possible sources of water damage in order to best prepare for cleanup and in order to take the steps to prevent the need for water restoration all together.
- Leaking Appliances- Home appliances that use water make life very convenient, however many people do not think about the potential for a machine failure while in use. If water is running in a dishwasher or washing machine while it malfunctions it can cause the water to leak out of the machine and into your home. For this reason it is best to run appliances while you are at home. It is also good practice to check for any potential damages to appliances on a regular basis.
- Refrigerator Water Dispensers- Most modern refrigerators have ice machines, as well as convenient water dispensers. These features can come in very handy, however they also commonly break down. A small hose is used to deliver the water to the ice machine as well as to the water dispenser and if the hose is damaged, then water will flow out inside of the refrigerator or underneath the appliance. If you notice any malfunction with the water dispenser on your refrigerator it is important to check the hose, and make sure no one pushes the device for water as there might be an unseen leak.
- Installing and Fixing Devices- Water damage can come from a lack of preparation in installing new home appliances or when trying to fix existing water related devices. When tampering with any pipes or appliances inside the home it is important to make sure you turn the water off within your home. Taking the time to turn off the water can prevent many unnecessary water intrusion within the home.
- Damage of Untreated Wood- Many people are under the belief that certain wood furniture or hardwood is treated to be water resistance, however this is not always true. Many kitchen tables are actually not treated for water damage, and coasters or a tablecloth is necessary to protect the table from damage. It is also important to note that hardwood floors and wooden patios are also susceptible to wood damage if not treated correctly. For wooden porches protective water sealant might be needed to be applied every two to three years in order to keep the wood from bowing and rotting.
There are many different forms of water damage ranging from flooding, to a failed refrigerator. No matter how water damage may enter your home, it is important to be aware of the different types of water damage in order to prepare for prevention or cleanup. In case of emergency, water damage companies are on call 24 hours a day in order to start on home restoration.