Below Are Our Water Damage And Other Related Restoration Services We Provide In South Harpswell, ME
- Water Damage Restoration
- Flooded Basement
- Mold Removal & Restoration
- Fire & Smoke Damage
- Sewage Cleanup
- Water Damaged Drywall, Ceiling and Floors
Call Us Now: 1-888-443-3110
Here at Restoration Local we take great pride in our work. Hundreds of homeowners have trusted us to help restore their lost property. Our experienced technicians are licensed and insured. With our availability of 24/7 we are able to assist homeowners in situations be it emergency or otherwise. Call us now for a FREE estimate.
We are happy to assist you with water damage, mold removal, sewer cleanup, flooded basement or fire and smoke repair. We would be happy to serve you and help restore your damaged or lost property.
Water Damage Restoration
Has your home suffered water damage from a burst pipe, flood, leaking appliance, or other disaster? Fast action is important to protect your belongings, minimize the damage, and prevent the growth of mold, bacteria, and viruses. We specialize in water damage home repair to restore your home to its pre-damaged condition. Call us at 1-888-443-3110.
There are many sources of water damage in a home and three categories of damage. While water damage cleanup must happen as soon as possible regardless of the source, some types of damage are more serious and pose a higher health risk. We offer emergency water removal and water damage restoration for all three categories of damage:
- Category 1/Clean: This involves water from a sanitary, clean source like a faucet or toilet tank. If not addressed quickly, it will degrade to category 2.
- Category 2/Grey: This is water that comes from a somewhat contaminated source such as a dishwasher, washing machine, sink drain, or toilet overflow with urine. Grey water may have contaminants that can cause health issues.
- Category 3/Black: This is the most dangerous type of water damage and it may be caused by a sewer backup, stream or river flooding, toilet overflow with feces, or stagnant water that supports bacterial and viral growth.
Our water damage restoration services begin with fast response to assess the problem. All water will be removed from the area before it’s dehumidified to remove moisture and eliminate the possibility of mold and bacterial growth. Next, your home will be cleaned, sanitized, and treated with antifungal and antimicrobial products.
If you have suffered a flood or some type of water damage, fast water mitigation is essential. Contact us today for emergency water damage response to restore your home and help you move on.
If your home has a basement, there’s a good chance you will deal with water in the basement in some degree eventually. A flooded basement is a nightmare for homeowners, especially when the water damages treasured belongings in storage. In most cases, basement water damage is the result of a failed sump pump, insufficient drainage around the foundation walls, heavy rains, poor waterproofing, or a combination of these factors. The basement is more susceptible to flooding than any other area of the home as water will always follow the path of least resistance through the foundation and into the basement.
As soon as you notice water in your basement, it’s time to take action to prevent further damage. After even two days, water in your basement can become a breeding ground for mold and bacteria. The first step to basement flood cleanup is water removal. Basement water removal and dehumidification to completely dry out the space. Next, we will identify the cause of the water. This may be infiltration of groundwater or surface water, a failed sump pump, or high humidity. From there, you can count on our basement flooding repair technicians to thoroughly clean, sanitize, and treat your basement before restoring it to its original condition.
Dealing with water in your basement? Contact us right away for emergency flood damage cleanup.
Mold removal and remediation are all about identifying and taking appropriate action to keep mold away from your buildings. The process of mold remediation involves preventing its spread in affected areas by removing the visible mold. We also boost this process by eliminating any moisture sources around the walls of houses. Mold in a basement is common because these places are usually wet.
Mold is known to have among other effects, irritants that can pose a health hazard around homes. It is important to contact a mold restoration company like us right away to aid in a mold clean-up exercise, especially if you own large buildings.
The mold remediation process is very important since it requires a reconstruction of the affected areas. The remediation process involves:
- Assessment of the mold situation – Here the cause of the problem is established.
- Containment – This is the immediate process after the affected areas are identified. The affected area is cordoned off to avoid having them spread to other areas.
- Filtration – The air of the mold spores will be cleaned carefully because mold is not safe for health.
- Removal and Drying- After the previous processes, the mold is removed from the affected areas carefully. The areas that have been cleaned must be equally dried since any more moisture is a breeding ground for more mold.
- Repair – The affected areas are supposed to be repaired after the mold materials are removed.
The health risks of dealing with mold must be observed since it has irritating effects. A good number of types of molds are known to create health problems.
Fire Damage Restoration
The fire damage restoration process can begin as soon as authorities give the all-clear that the property is safe to return to. Heat, smoke and water damage are all a result. This damage can also lead to water damage due to the water used to put out the fire.
Fires can be caused by things like electrical issues, fireplaces, candles or smoking. A professional fire restoration team like ours would come in and assess the situation and begin restoring things back to the way they were. In 2015 alone, there were 365,500 fires with 2650 deaths and 11,075 injuries reported.
Sewage cleanup needs to be done immediately due to the nature of the mess. It can lead to diseases and a hazardous environment to those around the place.
The process of cleaning up a sewer system includes:
- Putting the solid waste into plastic bags and disposing of them well
- Soaking up the liquid parts into plastic bags
- Dispose of all the carpets and rugs
- Mop the area clean
You should call in a specialists like us to do the rest of the work. Keep yourself safe from contamination during the process
Drywall, Ceiling and Carpet Water Restoration
Safety is a top priority throughout drywall, ceiling, and flooring restoration jobs. We never delay during these projects because any lingering water can create an environment that attracts spores. Throughout drywall water damage projects, we grab every soggy particle to increase safety. We also thoroughly examine water damaged ceilings because mold usually grows in this area. Since mold and other elements that can contaminate a home can rest underneath carpeting and floorboards, we use special equipment during carpet water damage and water damage hardwood floor projects.
Top Water Damage and Mold Damage Facts
- A small 1/8 in crack in a pipe can leak up to 250 gallons of water a day
- Water damage accounts for approximately 23% of all homeowner property damage in the US
- From 2002-2011 the average annual flood losses in the U.S were more than 2.9 B
- 33% chance of being exposed to mold when you move to a new home, apartment or office
- 93% of Chronic Sinus Infections have been attributed to mold
Reviews From Our Customers
Jose M: The Technicians were here 45 minutes after my phone call, they were all well informed and polite. Never had a company treat our home with such care. Great job guys !!!
Brad A: They exceed all expectations and go above and beyond to make sure customers are completely satisfied. This is the only choice you need to make for a construction company
Jonathan F: The Technician came out in the middle of the night and extracted our basement. They handled all the communication with our insurance company and were very professional.
William A: Our roof was leaking, we called a technician and they sent someone before the rain stopped. The roof was patched and remained this way until we had the entire roof replaced.
Mary C: This company was awesome to work with. Their customer service is awesome. The workers came in and got started right away and were done in no time. I would definitely use them again.
Amber B: The technician was a lifesaver to me when my dishwasher line leaked and my kitchen floor was destroyed by water damage. They were at my house immediately and were very professional.