Water Damage and Other Restoration Services Provided In Slatington, PA
- Emergency Water Damage
- Wet or Flooded Basement
- Mold Removal & Restore
- Fire Damage Repair Service
- Sewage & Contamination Cleanup
- Wet Floors, Ceiling and Drywall Restoration
Call Us For A FREE Estimate: 1-888-443-3110
Here at Restoration Local quality is our #1 priority. We understand that having lost or damaged property can be stressful and we are here to help. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to answer your call. They are licensed and insured and can be at your property within 30-minutes if needed. Call us now for a FREE estimate.
We are happy to assist you with water damage, mold removal, sewer cleanup, flooded basement or fire and smoke repair. We would be happy to serve you and help restore your damaged or lost property.
Water Damage Mitigation & Restoration
Water damage mitigation is the process by which you try to reduce or even prevent the amount of damage caused by floodwater in your residence. By observing water mitigation, one can be able to stop any additional damage that is likely to be caused by the leakage. Major causes of water damage include plumbing technicalities, heavy rainfall or a storm, leaking roofs and burst pipes. After this unfortunate occurrence, water damage repair is required. You can call us to help you with the water removal. Call: 1-888-443-3110
As a homeowner, after a flood, burst pipe or storm that puts your life and others in danger, you need to move with speed and contact us right away. This is a way to ensure that the water damage home repair services commence immediately. Water damage restoration services, once engaged, can serve to prevent an impending catastrophe in the affected residence.
Steps to take in fixing water damage
- Call us to be directed to an experienced technician right away
- Close the main source of water into the house. In case of floods, try as much as possible to keep extra water from entering the house
- Switch off the mains in your electricity line. Identify all electrical appliances and ensure there is none connected to power
- Keep all books and papers at a higher place, which is obviously safe
Many homeowners have gone down the basement stairs after a heavy rain only to find several inches of water in their basement. Draining water in the surrounding soil can easily find its way through cracks in the basement walls. Insufficient drainage on the property or faulty sump pumps in combination with excessive rainfall can lead to unexpected basement water damage.
A flooded basement must be immediately pumped out. If the sump pump isn’t adequate, professional restoration teams can bring their own pumps. Nothing can be done until the water is removed. In the meantime, it’s important to stay out of the basement to avoid safety risks such as electric shock. Any chemicals or cleaners can also seep into the water to create health risks.
Any water damaged belongings, particularly appliances, should be removed before professional drying takes place. Water damage restoration can then begin with a thorough inspection to spot any growth of mold and mildew, trapped pockets of moisture, or damage to the walls or foundation which could undermine the strength of the upper floors.
Mold Removal & Remediation
Mold removal and remediation are all about identifying and taking appropriate action to keep mold away from your buildings. The process of mold remediation involves preventing its spread in affected areas by removing the visible mold. We also boost this process by eliminating any moisture sources around the walls of houses. Mold in a basement is common because these places are usually wet.
Mold is known to have among other effects, irritants that can pose a health hazard around homes. It is important to contact a mold restoration company like us right away to aid in a mold clean-up exercise, especially if you own large buildings.
The mold remediation process is very important since it requires a reconstruction of the affected areas. The remediation process involves:
- Assessment of the mold situation – Here the cause of the problem is established.
- Containment – This is the immediate process after the affected areas are identified. The affected area is cordoned off to avoid having them spread to other areas.
- Filtration – The air of the mold spores will be cleaned carefully because mold is not safe for health.
- Removal and Drying- After the previous processes, the mold is removed from the affected areas carefully. The areas that have been cleaned must be equally dried since any more moisture is a breeding ground for more mold.
- Repair – The affected areas are supposed to be repaired after the mold materials are removed.
The health risks of dealing with mold must be observed since it has irritating effects. A good number of types of molds are known to create health problems.
Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
Fire accidents are among the most devastating experiences due to the ability of fire to spread fast and cause huge damages over a short period. Fires can also consume pillars and other structural important parts of the house. Fire is known for clearing nearly anything that stands in its way.
It is then important to deal carefully with fire damage cleanups and restorations. The services of a competent company and supervisor are needed to ensure that the damage parts are restored properly so that all the hazards are rectified. First, a cleanup is done to remove all the damaged things, any salvages remaining and finally the removal of harmful soot. The house is then restored to ensure that safety and reliability are restored. Owners of fire-prone places are also advised to install fireproof equipment.
Sewage cleanup needs to be done immediately due to the nature of the mess. It can lead to diseases and a hazardous environment to those around the place.
The process of cleaning up a sewer system includes:
- Putting the solid waste into plastic bags and disposing of them well
- Soaking up the liquid parts into plastic bags
- Dispose of all the carpets and rugs
- Mop the area clean
You should call in a specialists like us to do the rest of the work. Keep yourself safe from contamination during the process
Drywall, Ceiling, and Floor Water Damage Restoration
When drywall gets wet, it quickly absorbs water, loses its strength, and falls apart. It’s essential to repair damaged drywall, ceilings, and carpet as soon as possible as all three can pose a health hazard by becoming a breeding ground for mold within just two days. Wet drywall can even be a safety hazard as it is at high risk of collapsing or falling apart.
Our professionals will respond quickly to restore water damage. With drywall, this usually involves removing and replacing damaged sections. Sometimes hardwood floors and even carpet may be saved, but it depends on the severity of the water damage and how fast it is treated. Contact us today for fast, superior water damage mitigation to your drywall, ceilings, and flooring.
Top Water Damage and Mold Damage Facts
- 60% of claims paid by home insurance companies are from water damage
- Statistically, your house is affected by water damage every 25 years
- Water damage risk is highest in newly built homes or homes older than 20 years
- 93% of Chronic Sinus Infections have been attributed to mold
- Over 30% of brand new homes built have mold of some form in them
Reviews From Restoration Customers
Ervin R: Efficient and excellent personnel and service. I recommend them highly.
Jodi P: For needing a restoration company this would be your best choice! You wont be disappointed in their work.
Chis A: Super responsive, and very helpful during a stressful, not-fun situation. His crew did a great job with the clean-up. Highly recommend!
Jonboy F: We had a sump pump failure in our basement. They worked with our insurance company keeping the costs under our cap and did great work.
Matt C: Came late on a Friday night and working into the early morning hours until the water was removed. The guys were very pleasant and helpful.
Lyndsey E: They’re very personable and know what they’re talking about. They’ll even work with your insurance and give up front pricing over the phone.