Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
DIY Water Damage
When water damage or flooding occurs in your home, you never know what to expect. Contacting a water damage restoration company is, of course, our recommendation, but many opt to attempt water damage cleanup on their own. If you’re in the DIY camp, here are some things to remember!
- Turn off the electricity to the flooded or water damaged area. Electrocution is a very real danger and many fatalities occur in this situation. If you’re unable to turn off the power without risking electrocution, contact your local electric company and wait for help.
- Remove excess water with water pumps or a wet/dry vac. These items can be rented at a local hardware store. It’s important to remove excess water quickly. The longer it sits, the more damage it can cause.
- Use all resources you have on hand to thoroughly dry the area. This includes fans, opening windows, and/or using a dehumidifier.
- Use mold deterrent cleaning products to clean the area once it’s dried. Toss any porous items that have become completely submerged in floodwaters. They cannot be fully cleaned. If you do choose to save these items, have them professionally cleaned.
If you’re unsure that the job was done right or in its entirety, consider a water restoration professional for your water damage needs. Water damage restoration professionals will be able to spot all the damage you can’t see. Our water damage restoration crews are available 24/7 for your convenience. Contact us today for a free estimate! We can’t wait to hear from you!