Restoration Local Advantage 1-888-443-3110
- 24/7 Rapid Response & Free Estimates!
- Flooded Basement Restoration Services
- Sewer Clean Up and Restoration
- Emergency Water Damage Clean Up. Get A Response in 60 Minutes.
How Much Does Water Damage Restoration Cost?
Water has the ability to do a lot of damage in a very short time, often overwhelming homeowners who have not experienced the power of water. Worse, water continues to cause damage the longer it is allowed to remain standing. This means proportionately higher repair bills. Ergo, the answer to the question of cost depends largely on the type of water you are dealing with, the level of damage inflicted, and how rapidly you respond to the situation.
Water comes in three different types:
1) Clean Water – this is water that is uncontaminated at the source and poses no threat to humans or animals. It will also be the least expensive type of water damage restoration.
2) Grey Water – this is water that may have some measure of contamination and can cause mild discomfort or illness if exposed to or ingested by humans and animals. This would mean water runoff from laundry or dishwashing equipment, and may be slightly more difficult to remediate.
3) Black Water – this is water that is highly contaminated at the source and may cause serious discomfort or illness if exposed to or ingested by humans and animals. Black water is almost always sewage based and will require specialized treatment to clean up.
You will also need to consider the size of the space that is affected, as restoration contractors will use the square footage of a damage zone to base their estimates on.
The extent of damage inflicted will be another factor. It only takes an inch or so of water to ruin and entire room, so you can imagine what a couple of feet of water is capable of doing.
Lastly, there will be the cost of the materials necessary to perform the clean up. There will be the need for shop vacs or industrial pumps, not to mention blowers, dehumidifiers, and mold remediation tools. Any restoration of structure or property will require specialized gear.
At the risk of dodging the question, there is no hard and fast amount that can be attached to a water damage scenario. What is certain is that any price will go up the longer the problem is left unresolved, and many water restoration contractors will increase their prices after 48 hours. For this reason it is important to act quickly to preserve not only your home, but your bank account.