Importance of Hiring Water Damage Restore Company
Water damage due to natural or artificial causes can be traumatizing for you and your family. It may lead to the destruction of the structural features such as walls and furniture in a building. Homeowners should seek professional help from any water damage remediation company near their state to prevent any secondary effects of stagnant water such as the growth of mold and fungus. The experts help in the restoration of the home to its previous condition before the water damage and help alleviate any problem that the damage would cause.
Importance of Water Damage Restoration
Homeowners have a window period of 24-48 hours after which the effects of water damage become adverse and expensive to handle. Some of the benefits of timely water restoration include:
- Prevention of the growth of mold – Mold particles are available in the air and moisture attracts their growth. Water damage may leave a lot of moisture in a building forming breeding grounds for mold, mildew, and fungus. Mold poses a significant health risk to the occupants of a building and increases the remediation costs.
- Prevention of structural damage – Water damage may lead to the destruction of the ceilings, floors, and walls due to prolonged exposure to excessive moisture. Water damage professionals conduct a thorough cleanup on the house to ensure that every place is free from water.
- Handle the health concerns – Water damage from black or gray water poses a health risk to the home residents. The water damage restoration expert will clean and sanitize every corner in a room to ensure that the house is free from any bacteria, mold, or contaminants.
- Protect your personal property – The carpets, furniture, and upholstery absorb water that destroys them almost immediately. The water damage service providers prevent further damage to the personal belongings by removing the water and leaving them to dry. They are also keen to discard any porous equipment in plastic bags, which can be breeding grounds for mold and bacteria.
- Lower the restoration costs – Timely water damage restore reduces the costs that would have been there if the water stayed in the house longer than 48 hours. Some of the expenses include mold remediation as well as personal belongings and structural property repair.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Once you call a water damage company, they immediately send an expert who carries out an assessment of the extent of water damage. The expert uses specialized equipment such as moisture meters and infrared cameras to inspect the levels of the water, the type of water, and the condition of the building. The company then dispatches a team of experts who carry out the water extraction process followed by a lengthy dehumidification and the drying. Industrial grade drying helps prevent the growth of mold or any secondary water damage. What follows is a thorough cleaning, sanitation and deodorization process to kill the bacteria and eliminate any lingering odors in the rooms. The professionals are also in charge of the repairs and restoration of the house to its previous condition before the water damage.
The cost of water damage restoration varies from one company to another. However, they all employ a universal method of calculating how much to charge for their services. The extent of the destruction is one of the primary factors used in determining how much a client should pay. Other factors include the location of the destruction and the cause of the water damage.
A water damage company works hand in hand with homeowners’ insurance provider to ensure that the client receives top-notch service and restores the home to its previous condition. Homeowners who decide to extract the water without the help of a professional should be keen on drying the moisture completely and sanitizing the house to prevent mold growth and illnesses.